Healing Water & Healing Indications
Healing water drawn from the depths of primordial rock
The healing water of the Chrysantiquelle and the Konradsquelle of Bad Birnbach is drawn from a depth of 1618 m. With an outflow temperature of up to 70 °C, the two springs are among the hottest thermal mineral springs in central Europe.
The water is rich in fluoride, sodium, hydrogen carbonate and chloride, and stimulates the circulatory functions, offering an excellent basis for carrying out therapeutic exercises treating illnesses of the veins and orthopaedic disorders.
- Deforming joint diseases: Arthrosis deformans, polyarthroses.
- Chronic inflammatory rheumatic diseases: chronic polyarthritis (rheumatic arthritis), Spondylitis ancylosans (Morbus Bechterev).
- Chronic degenerative spinal diseases: Spondylosis, spondylarthrosis, osteochondrosis, spinal disc injuries with and without inflammatory symptoms (surgical indications excluded), osteoporosis.
- Soft tissue rheumatism: Tendinosis, tendoperiostosis, periarthrosis, neuralgia.
- Post-operative conditions, results of injuries that impair mobility (e.g. condition after implantation of an endoprosthesis, after surgical treatment of fractures, after operations for prolapsed spinal discs).
- All forms of decreased cardiac output of the heart
- Congenital and reactive pulmonary hypertonia (high blood pressure)
- Severe angina pectoris (heart trouble)
- Severe hypertonia (high blood pressure)
- Pronounced hyperthyroidism (hyperactive thyroid)
- Acute, primarily infectious diseases
- Acute thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the veins)
- Acute kidney and liver diseases
- Chronic wasting diseases, organic brain disorders, infectious skin diseases
For health reasons, the time spent in thermal water should not be more than 20 minutes, to the extent not otherwise prescribed.
Pictures: Bad Birnbach